I present regularly on user experience, research, design, and technology. If you’d like me to come speak at your event, send me a note.
- “Out Loud: A Case Study,” COMPASS Conference on Mobile Position Awareness Systems and Solutions, Exploratorium, San Francisco. Invited speaker. September 6, 2018.
- “What Does It Take?” Conference on Mobile Position Awareness Systems and Solutions, Exploratorium, San Francisco. Invited speaker. September 7, 2018.
- “The Warhol, Out Loud: Inclusive Museums for All,” The Best in Heritage, Dubrovnik, Croatia. Invited plenary speaker. September 26, 2018.
- “Strategies for Scale and Sustainability,” Museum Computer Network 2018, Denver. Panel lead. November 16, 2018.
- “Accessible Art at The Andy Warhol Museum,” Inclusive Innovation Week 2018, Pittsburgh, PA. April 2018.
- “From Research to Action: Translating User Feedback into Digital Products,” Museum Computer Network 2017, Pittsburgh, PA. Panelist. November 2017. [audio] [slides]
- “The Future of Cultural Heritage: Science Fiction, Design Thinking, and Museums,” Museum Computer Network 2017, Pittsburgh, PA. Workshop leader. November 2017. [slides]
- Respondent to keynote speaker Brian Matthews of Autodesk, Smithsonian Digitization Fair 2017, Pittsburgh, PA. Invited speaker. October 2017.
- “Art and Interactivity,” Google Design SPAN, Pittsburgh, PA. Invited speaker. September 2017. [video]
- “Out Loud, The Warhol’s Inclusive Audio Guide,” We Are Museums, Riga, Latvia. Invited plenary speaker. June 2017. [video]
- “A Path With Choice: What We Learned From Designing An Inclusive Audio Guide,” Museums and the Web 2017, Cleveland, OH. April 2017.
- “Beyond Paper: Experimental Interfaces for Museums,” Museum Computer Network 2016, New Orleans, LA. Co-presented with Ruben Niculcea. November 2016. [audio]
- “Culture on the Blockchain,” Museum Computer Network 2016, New Orleans, LA. November 2016. [audio] [slides]
- “In Conversation: Museums & Digital Technology,” Art in America, New York, NY. Panelist. October 2016.
- “Museo de los misterios: o, la gente antes conocida como los visitantes,” Keynote speaker at Jornadas sobre museus, recursos digitals, i transmedia, Olot, Spain. November 2015.
- “Museum Making: Creating with Emerging Technologies in Art Museums,” Museums and the Web 2015, Chicago, IL. April 2015.
- “Playful Engineering: Designing and Building Art Discovery Systems,” Museums and the Web 2015, Chicago, IL. Co-presented with Liam Andrew. April 2015.
- “Rethinking Recommendations: Digital Tools for Art Discovery,” Digital Humanities 2014, Lausanne, Switzerland. Co-presented with Liam Andrew. July 2014.
- “Learning Where You Least Expect It: Games that Educate in Non-traditional Settings,” Digital Media and Learning Conference, Boston, MA. Co-presented with Chelsea Barabas, Jesse Sell, and Erik Stayton. March 2014.
- “HyperStudio: Collaborating with Colleagues and Cultural Institutions,” The Humanities and Technology Camp (THATCamp), College Art Association, Chicago, IL. Co-presented with Liam Andrew. February 2014.
- “Your Personal Twitter Account: Tweeting Toward #MuseumEd Professional Development,” New York City Museum Educators Roundtable Annual Conference, New York, NY. Co-presented with Rebecca Mir, Miriam Bader, Elisabeth Callihan, Kinneret Kohn, and Rachel Ropeik. May 2013.
- “For Kids: Designing Online Resources for Artists Ages 8 – 12,” Museum Education Preconference: Art Museum Learning in the Digital Age, National Art Education Association, New York, NY. Co-presented with Dina Helal. March 2012